A Toddler Wish List:
Our favourite play shops & accessories

A Toddler Wish List: <br> Our favourite play shops & accessories <br/>

Jasmine’s current obsession at the moment is playing ‘shopkeeper’. It’s so lovely to watch her develop a love for imaginative and role play games . This has meant that I’ve found myself googling ‘toy shops’ as I think it would make the perfect Christmas gift for her (yes, I’m thinking about Christmas already). I’ve come across quite a few lovely play shops for sale in range of prices to suit every pocket. I thought I’d show you some of the ones I really love the look of… plus some the play shop accessories that caught my eye too!

I found myself steering clear of plastic toy shops as I personally prefer classic-style wooden toys. Don’t get me wrong – some of Jasmine’s favourite toys are plastic and we have lots of them (believe me!) but when it comes to bigger items that are going to be on permanent display in my living room – I want them to look nice! ;)

GLTC both

Play shop and theatre – GLTC // £112

I’m a huge fan of The Great Little Trading Co so it’s no suprise that their 2-in-1 play shop and theatre is a top contender! I’ve been told by Jasmine’s keyworker at nursery that she really enjoys doing puppet shows with her friends so the fact it can also be turned around and used as a theatre would definitely go down a treat. This item (also available in pink) is currently in the GLTC sale so there’s no better time to buy it.

Oh and you know what else? GLTC’s Play Shop & Theatre has just won PLATINUM for Best Interactive Toy 1-3 yrs in the LovedByParents awards. Pretty impressive!

asda shop

Wooden Cherry Shop & Cafe – George Home // £35

At only £35 this play shop is an absolute steal and it would be particularly ideal if you’re tight on space. I did wonder about the quality of the item, given that it’s such a low price. Although, after reading lots of the reviews, it would seem that many people who have bought this play shop are raving about it!

tidlo 2 in 1

Playshop and theatre – Tidlo // £66.99

One of my favourite wooden toy brands is Tidlo – we had one of their baby walkers for Jasmine and I’m still holding on to it for baby number two! They have also created a 2-in-1 play shop and theatre which is smaller than the GLTC one. I love the little basket shelves and strips of chalkboard to write prices etc.

df552a77f04f7fe93781998d5f06e0ec

SKYLTA – Ikea // £10

Fancy something a bit different? Then check out this awesome cardboard market stall from Ikea. At just £10 it certainly won’t break the bank. I love the the little fold-down shelves and I think little ones could really go to town on making this play shop their own. Draw on it, paint it, use stickers – not only can you use it for imaginative and role play games – it’s a good item to get creative with.

And not forgetting some of my favourite play shop accessory finds…

shop access 1

1. Wooden Checkout Register – Hape // £18.99

2. Play shopping baskets (set of two) – GLTC // £12.00

3. Wooden shopping trolley – Plan Toys // £49.95

4. Wooden lollies – GLTC // £12.00

access 2

5. Cake stand with 10 cakes – BigJigs // £14.50

6. Food groups play food set – Melissa & Doug // £12.80

7. x2 Wooden milk cartons // £3.45

8. Shop scales // £13.50

All prices are correct at the time of publishing this post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do your little ones enjoy playing shop?

Which toy shop and accessories do you most like the look of?

{ Find me on: BloglovinInstagramTwitter & YouTube }

Home Etc

Shares 0

28 Comments

1. July 29, 2016 / 1:45 pm

I would love this if I was a kid. I loved playing shop when I was younger, ha!

• Jenna July 29, 2016 / 2:17 pm

Me too, I remember spending hours and hours playing shopkeepers with my younger brother. x

• Jenna July 30, 2016 / 10:24 am

Ahh that is so lovely to hear. I love listening in on children’s imaginative play. :) I definitely think this play shop seems fantastic value for money. xx

• Jenna July 30, 2016 / 10:24 am

Absolutely, there’s so much that can be learnt through that type of imaginative/role play. x

2. July 29, 2016 / 10:41 pm

We have the shop from Asda and it is brilliant. A friend had one and I was shocked when she told me it was only £35, a great price. We’ve had ours 18 months and it looks like new and it well played with. x
    Laura -dear bear and beany recently posted…Review: ExoLens…My Profile

• Jenna July 30, 2016 / 10:26 am

Oooh, another vote for the Asda play shop – it’s lovely to get some feedback from mums who have bought it. I’m definitely tempted to buy this and store it away for Christmas. I’m having my second baby in November so want to get my Christmas shopping done and dusted asap! x

3. July 30, 2016 / 10:21 am

Role play is something my two boys absolutely love and a play shop is top of their wishlist for Christmas, as we already have the Hape wooden till, the GLTC shopping baskets and the Tidlo food group crates. Thanks so much for sharing these, i love the look of that Tidlo shop and theatre – had no idea you could get them as 2-in-1 toys! xx

• Jenna July 30, 2016 / 1:18 pm

Aw, I’m glad you found this post useful Vikki. :) I didn’t know you could get the 2-in-1 play shops either until I started looking around. Sounds like you have plenty of bits already so you’re well on the way to creating the perfect toy shop for your boys to play with. I think I may get one of the shops for my daughter’s main Christmas present and ask friends and family if they’d like to buy some of the accessories to go with it. x

4. July 30, 2016 / 7:10 pm

Before I had kids I never understood the love of wooden toys, but now I much prefer them and they really do last longer and look so much nicer. You are making me want a shop now- LJ would love it! x

• Jenna July 30, 2016 / 9:37 pm

I’ve definitely developed a whole new love for wooden toys since becoming a parent. Ooo go on, you know you want to! The girls would love it. I’m just trying to figure out where we’d put one but I’m sure I could make space for it! x

• Jenna July 30, 2016 / 10:08 pm

It seems ‘playing shop’ is a very popular pastime for our little people! x

5. August 2, 2016 / 10:42 am

**Runs off to Ikea website**

Been looking for a little theatre type stand for my kids for ages. THANK YOU!!

• Jenna August 2, 2016 / 10:48 am

Haha – you’re welcome. At £10 you cannot go wrong – hope they like it! xx

6. August 2, 2016 / 3:17 pm

I don’t know a single kid who wouldn’t love those! Play shops are just brilliant and my 4 are always playing shops together. I’m after the Tildo one. I think the fact the shop turns into a theatre is just perfect as it enables them to have two completely different role play scenes in one!

• Jenna August 4, 2016 / 9:53 am

Yeah, I think the two-in-one shops are fantastic and great value for money. I’m seriously considering getting one for my daughter’s Christmas present – I think she would be absolutely made up! x

7. August 3, 2016 / 11:50 am

Oh My! I have such a soft spot for wooden toys! I’ve considered buying the Tidlo shop/ theater for my 2 years old birthday but the only reason why I didn’t do it at the end it’s because I wouldn’t have had were to put it. We already have a the Ikea Kitchen, A wooden dolls house, a big indoor cottage tent thing, etc. No room for anything bigger than a Kallax cube anymore :/

• Jenna August 4, 2016 / 10:08 am

Me too- I think I might even like wooden toys more than my toddler – they are just so, so beautiful! Eek, sounds like you really would’ve struggled with the space for sure. It’s a bit of an issue in our house too but we don’t have a lot of big items in the house so I’m sure I could make space for one if I rearranged the living room a little. :) x

• Jenna August 5, 2016 / 2:15 pm

Oo, I’ve have to look at IKEA’s cash register. We’ve barely any space in our house either but I’m hoping we’ll have room for a play shop in our next house. Thanks for hosting, lovely. xx

8. August 9, 2016 / 9:52 am

AGREE! Anything ‘pretend’ play or ‘role’ play is huge in our house at the moment! The shop idea is brilliant – hours of fun. Thanks for sharing – great job :)

#HomeEtc
    mummyofboygirltwins recently posted…My holiday styleMy Profile

• Jenna August 10, 2016 / 2:24 pm

And I think they could be used for so much more than shops too – the possibilities are endless. :) x

9. August 10, 2016 / 8:47 am

This is such a fantastic post! I Have just read through and want to get my little ones all of it!! I love the little shopping baskets. And what a great price is the cafe from Asda George. x
    Tanita recently posted…Lavender Gardens {2016}My Profile

• Jenna August 10, 2016 / 2:19 pm

The shopping baskets are super sweet – I know my girl would love carrying them around and putting things in them. The shop from ASDA is an absolute bargain and the feedback from people who’ve bought it has been really good too. x

10. August 23, 2016 / 12:09 am

Is it bad that scrolling through those items Emily already has most. I can’t help myself with cute wooden kitchen things. I think I like them more than she does. Lovely list of ideas! xx
    Steph recently posted…Cheat Freak ShakesMy Profile

• Jenna August 23, 2016 / 12:24 pm

Haha, no not bad at all. Lucky Emily! :) I know what you mean, I am a complete sucker for lovely wooden toys. x