My Life in Lomo #3 (B&W)

Ahoy-hoy!

I’m back with another edition of ‘My Life in Lomo’ and this time it’s a little bit different. A few months ago, I decided that it was finally time for me to brave using a B&W film in my La Sardina camera. I’m not too sure what I was worried about, I think I just find B&W photography harder to get right. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned about lomography, it’s not about ‘getting it right’.

As it turns out, this happens to be my favourite batch of lomo shots yet. I’m in love with every single print.

Here’s a few of my favourites….

(As always, it’s mostly photos of Jasmine but I make no apologies for that!)

LM1

LM2

LM3

LM4

LM5

lm6

lm7

lm8

lm9

lm10

If you’d like to, you can see more of my lomography photos by checking out my previous ‘My Life in Lomo’ blog posts here and here.

And for more B&W photos, check out my ‘Home Life Project’ post from January by clicking here.

Which photo is your favourite?

Do you ever use film cameras? If so, which one(s)?

{ Find me on: BloglovinInstagramTwitter & YouTube }

life inlomo without url

Comments

1. Avatar March 19, 2016 / 9:05 pm

Black & White photography is my favourite! These are all such darling shots – especially of Jasmine – but the swan picture is just stunning! I see why these are your favourite bunch so far!

• Jenna March 20, 2016 / 10:08 pm

Thank you, Jade. I’d completely forgotten I’d taken the swan one so it was certainly a pleasant surprise when I got them back. I’m very keen to use more B&W films in the future now that I’ve had my first go. x

2. Avatar March 19, 2016 / 9:58 pm

Jasmine has got some cracking expressions Jenna! These are all lovely, but I think my favourite is the second one, she just looks so cheeky. I found my film camera the other day when I was attempting to declutter and was wondering exactly why I was keeping it, I used to love taking black and whites.

• Jenna March 20, 2016 / 10:10 pm

Doesn’t she just? I think that photo sums her up very well indeed. Oh you must dust off your old film camera and use it. It’s so much fun. :) x

3. Avatar March 22, 2016 / 8:57 am

Oh I love black & white photography; in my opinion it’s a very underused medium in our modern technicolour age! Great pics. :)

• Jenna March 22, 2016 / 2:56 pm

Yes, I know what you mean – B&W photos do seem somewhat abandoned these days. Thanks very much, I’m really chuffed with them. x

4. Avatar March 22, 2016 / 9:35 am

I love playing around with filters – black and white is so classic and timeless, it really is the type of filter that makes any image something you could hang on the wall! H x

• Jenna March 22, 2016 / 4:02 pm

I’m a filter addict too – it’s great fun to play around with images and see what works best. B&W will always be one of my favourites though. x

5. Avatar March 22, 2016 / 11:37 am

I love your shots such great black and white photos. The swan one is my favourite but I do like the ones of Jasmine too she looks so cute.

• Jenna March 22, 2016 / 3:59 pm

Thank you, I hoped the swan one would turn out good – what with them being black and white n’ all! :) x

6. Avatar March 22, 2016 / 3:09 pm

D’ya know, I bought a great Canon camera last Summer, and I STILL haven’t found the time to experiment with all the different settings. I don’t even know what quality of photos it would take in B+W. I’m going to make sussing this out my resolution before the end of March x

• Jenna March 22, 2016 / 4:24 pm

Oh yes, definitely have a play around with it – I’m sure you won’t regret it. I find the easiest thing to do is just to take it out with you every now and again and snap a few pics. You don’t have to do it all in one go and it’s nice to get your photos back and see images of things you forgot you even took in the first place. :) xx

7. Avatar March 22, 2016 / 4:21 pm

ooo lovely i never think to change my colour images to black and white.. so effective and lovely snaps :)

• Jenna March 22, 2016 / 4:26 pm

I know what you mean. I’m definitely going to do a bit more B&W photography from now on… I’ve got the bug! :) x

8. Avatar March 22, 2016 / 5:52 pm

Lovely post!! All the photos are gorgeous. I always find it tough to make the call for black and white photos especially outdoorsy ones when you want to show the colours but these all work really well! Xx

• Jenna March 23, 2016 / 2:16 pm

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean. I think it helped that I took most over these over the winter when everything outside was a bit barren and colourless anyway. I think I’d find it even harder to call in the summer. x

9. Avatar March 23, 2016 / 11:29 am

Some Beautiful pictures. Well done for trying something new. I always put off trying new things as I think it will take longer to sort out. X

• Jenna March 23, 2016 / 2:22 pm

Thanks Sarah – I’ve had my lomo camera for quite a while so I figured it was about time I tried B&W film. x

10. Avatar March 23, 2016 / 5:16 pm

Great photos. I really want to do a photography course this year to learn how to make the most of my camera instead of just leaving it on auto mode.

• Jenna March 25, 2016 / 2:59 pm

I’m terrible for doing that too. Hubby and I were talking about photography courses this morning and how much fun it would be to do one. I struggle with the technical side of photography so it would be useful to learn that sort of stuff.

11. Avatar March 24, 2016 / 6:27 pm

These look fab Jenna, I’d love to give film photography a try but don’t know where to start really. I just love that idea of taking a photo and waiting to see how it turns out. Love the one of her on the swing and the one through the gate xx

• Jenna March 25, 2016 / 3:06 pm

Thanks, Hayley. :) You can pick up old cameras fairly cheap in charity shops and film itself is relatively inexpensive (I’ve seen some for sale in the Pound Shop). It costs about £7 to get them developed (for 36 images), I go to a little independent shop but I’m sure places like Boots still do film processing. You’ll definitely have to give it a go. I bet you’d get some great looking photos of the boys. xx

12. Avatar March 24, 2016 / 9:11 pm

I have a lomo camera but I hardly use it – I should really!
    Great photos, I especially liked the swans and the swing pictures too, looks lovely in B & W
    X

• Jenna March 25, 2016 / 2:56 pm

Thanks, Lucy!

Yeah, you definitely should. Lomo cameras are so much fun. :) x

13. Avatar March 24, 2016 / 9:14 pm

These are lovely pictures, it’s made me want to go to the park and feed the ducks too xx

• Jenna March 25, 2016 / 2:44 pm

Thanks, Lisa. Oh you should go see the ducks over the bank holiday. :) I bet they’d be pleased to see you if you went bearing food! x

14. Avatar March 28, 2016 / 1:12 pm

These are fantastic. Such a nostalgic feel to them already x

• Jenna March 29, 2016 / 2:05 pm