The Motte {Living Arrows #7}

The Motte {Living Arrows #7}

The last week has been tough. Jasmine is going through a period of sleep regression. My normally very good sleeper is now refusing naps during the day, as well as waking up screaming every few hours during the night. As you can imagine (or, probably know from experience) this situation is no fun for anyone. Despite the lack of sleep, Jasmine still seems to have a boundless amount of energy. I, on the other hand, am knackered. Truly and utterly knackered.

I’m struggling to find the energy to do much at the moment. I have no motivation to do anything other than sit on the sofa and think about sleeping.

But isn’t it amazing, the effect a sunny day can have on your mood? Today we had an early breakfast and headed to Claire Castle Country Park. A family walk outdoors was just what I needed to boost my mood.

I reminded myself that this is just a phase. In fact, it’s all just a phase. And as much as I really do miss my sleep. One day, I will miss having this tiny, little girl – even more. And no matter how tired I am, I never want our time together to slip through my fingers.

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

{ Find me on: BloglovinInstagram and Twitter }

Running in Lavender

Living-Arrows-250

26 Comments

1. September 20, 2015 / 9:49 pm

What a beautiful place to explore – lovely photos as always. With everything like the sleep regression I tell myself repeatedly ‘it’s just a phase’ – it’s the only way I have been able to get through! It won’t last forever but it’s exhausting whilst it’s happening x

September 22, 2015 / 10:32 am

Thank you, Donna. It was a lovely little place and it certainly helped that the weather was good.

Exactly, it’ll be a tough few weeks/months for us but in the grand scheme of things, it’s not a long time. xx

September 22, 2015 / 10:33 am

Thanks so much, Marina. xx

2. September 21, 2015 / 1:15 pm

That place looks so picturesque!

You’re totally right in what you’re saying though; as frustrating and exhausting as this phase is you’ll definitely miss it when she’s bigger.

#Mummymonday xx

September 22, 2015 / 10:35 am

It was a heck of a walk up a steep hill to get to the motte but was worth it. :)

It’s mad to think I’ll ever miss this stage, but I know for a fact that I will. xx

3. September 21, 2015 / 1:31 pm

We are going through a bit of a sleep regression with out 6 month old and it is such hard work. Wouldn’t change her at all but I do miss sleep.
    Azaria
    Being Mrs Lynch #mummymonday

September 22, 2015 / 10:37 am

Haha, it’s blummin’ tough isn’t it? It won’t last forever, Azaria. :) xx

4. September 21, 2015 / 2:54 pm

It looks beautiful Jenna and lovely photos. I always find that if I’m tired getting out somewhere is the best thing I can do, it always makes me feel better. I hope she starts to sleep a little better soon, no fun for anyone! xx

September 22, 2015 / 10:39 am

It was such a glorious day, the motte and the blue skies made for a lovely backdrop. :)

It’s so true, I am dreading the cold and dark winter days though, not so easy to find the motivation to get out – especially when already exhausted! xx

5. September 21, 2015 / 10:02 pm

What stunning photographs! A fantastic memory to treasure forever! Lovely read too! Suz x Beauisblue.com

September 22, 2015 / 10:40 am

Thanks so much, Suz. :)

It was a really lovely day – I hope to visit again soon. xx

6. September 21, 2015 / 10:33 pm

Outdoors is my parenting solution to just about everything – I think the fresh air helps clear some of the sleep deprivation and you certainly found a beautiful spot to capture your gorgeous girl!

September 22, 2015 / 10:41 am

Hah, it’s so true – being outdoors makes everything better. :)

It really is a beautiful spot, especially on such a sunny autumnal day like Sunday was. xx

7. September 21, 2015 / 11:43 pm

I feel your pain! Baby has gone from usually sleeping through to being up at midnight and 3am, no idea what’s happening! Great pictures huni xx

September 22, 2015 / 10:42 am

Oh no, that does not sound like fun. I hope it passes soon!

Thanks, Aby. :) xx

8. September 22, 2015 / 10:10 am

Oh it looks stunning, and look how happy she looks! I agree – no matter how tired I am, getting out in the good weather always feels better! Sorry to hear she’s not sleeping well – tough! Here’s to lots of coffee and cake for the weeks ahead xx

September 22, 2015 / 10:44 am

Would you believe that approximately 60 seconds before I took these photos, she was having a major strop?! Toddlers, eh?!

I don’t drink coffee but I can see me turning to it if Jasmine’s sleep regression continues for much longer! Oh, and there will DEFINITELY be cake. ;) xx

9. September 22, 2015 / 4:08 pm

Lovely photos. We go there occasionally.
    It is amazing how a nice day can give us this perspective but a long night we can loose it. It is a phase it will pass. At some point you will look back with hindsight and be able to see that it is no more. Hang in there and be nice to yourself! Kirsten

September 23, 2015 / 3:09 pm

Thanks so much, Kirsten.

You’re right, I certainly struggle to keep that positive perspective during those long nights. It will pass though. xx

10. September 23, 2015 / 10:06 pm

Beautiful photos Jenna! Getting outdoors is a great cure-all isn’t it? I’ve found that I can nip one of Bubs’ epic tantrums in the bud with the promise of something as simple as a walk around the block. That being said I hope Jasmine’s phase ends soon just so that you can get some sleep! Vx

September 24, 2015 / 10:34 am

Aw, thank you Vickie. :)

Getting outdoors always makes me feel better. Jasmine seems more content when we’re out and about too. Most of the time anyway! ;)

Ah me too. She slept tonnes better last night so I’m hoping the end of this horrid sleep regression is in sight! x

11. September 25, 2015 / 8:48 am

Sorry to hear she isn’t sleeping. You are a better woman than me getting out and about even when you feel so exhausted. Great photos! #mycapturedmoment

September 25, 2015 / 2:25 pm

Thanks, Karen – thankfully the sleep situation has been a bit better this week. xx

12. September 28, 2015 / 10:50 am

Oh no, poor you!! My two both dropped their daytime naps at around 20months and never went back!! These are beautiful pictures. Hopefully, the nighttime sleep will get back to normal soon. Thanks for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment x

September 28, 2015 / 2:51 pm

Agghhh 20 months? Thankfully she seems to be napping this week (although not for as long) so hopefully I’ll get nap times for a little longer yet. I need those breaks! Nighttime sleeping has improved too. :) xx