HappyDays #31

Ahoy-hoy, Happy Dayers!

This linky is all about sharing your happy-themed blog posts and inspiring each other to make the most of every day. I co-host with the lovely Katy so don’t forget to pop over to her post and say ‘Hello’, if you haven’t already.

large (2)

I’ve had a very frustrating week blog-wise, it turned out that since moving to over to my self-hosted WordPress site, most of my comments on other people’s blogs had been disappearing into the ether – which is obviously very frustrating when you co-host a linky. I tried commenting on as many of your posts as I could last week but I’m very sorry if they didn’t turn up (please check your spam though, just in case!) Fortunately, it’s all fixed now so I’ll be sure to show your posts a whole-lotta-love this week! Can’t wait to see what you’ve all been up to.

My shout out goes to…

belle

I enjoyed reading about Lauren’s week and especially loved the photo of baby Arlo’s unimpressed face outside Buckingham Palace!

On to my week…

Out and About

During the Bank Holiday weekend we went to the local Whitsun Fayre. There was lots of food and craft stalls, a mini farm, street entertainers and, the best bit, a makeshift beach! Obviously Jasmine was far too young to appreciate it last year but now that’s she’s older, I had been looking forward to taking her this year. She really enjoyed herself, playing with the buckets and spades and chasing around a beach ball. At one point Jasmine got into a bit of a altercation with an older toddler over a yellow bucket but I managed to diffuse the situation quickly. ;)

Here’s a few photos from the day….

witsun

I promise you Jasmine was having fun – she just looked miserable in every photo! ;)

Also, how cute is that alpaca?! I couldn’t get a photo of him smiling either…

Fun at Home

I honestly can’t think of a single ‘fun’ thing we’ve done at home this week, I’m afraid.

Time for me

I actually had some proper time for me this week. *pops party popper*

Over the bank holiday I somehow managed to put my back out (I think a combination of my terrible manual handling skills and a chunky 13-month-old may be responsible). Anyway, for 3 days I was hobbling around like The Hunchback of Notre Dame until on Monday evening, after Jasmine had gone to sleep, I decided I should try a hot bath to ease the muscle pain.

Anyway, it didn’t end up being ‘just’ a hot bath – I decided to go all out…

Candles – check! ALL the bubbles – check! Cheesy chillout music – check!

I was in that tub for well over an hour and it. was. bliss.

My back felt much better afterwards, too. :)

My Happiest Moment

It was a fab week for me in terms of weightloss. On Thursday, at my Slimming World meeting, the scales showed that I’d lost another 2.5lbs and as well as that, I got my Club 10 award (I’ve lost 10% of my body weight in total) plus I was awarded ‘Slimmer of the week’ and ‘Slimmer of the month’. It was totally unexpected and it was the real boost I needed because I was starting to feel a little ‘meh’ about it all. My target weight is so close now.

swbook

Next week I would like to…

Today (Saturday) is Stephen’s birthday so I’d like to make him a cake. It’s been blummin’ ages since I baked anything so it would be nice to make something special for him.  At the moment I’m thinking sponge, cream and white chocolate.

That’s all from me, now it’s over to you guys….

Linky Rules

Tinyfootsteps

1. Grab our badge and add it to your post.

2. Comment on this post to say hi.

3. Comment on at least 2 other posts.

4. We will comment on every post and if you share it on Twitter- mentioning us and using #HappyDays, Kate and I will retweet it .

5. Finally if you could follow Tinyfootsteps (Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest) and What Katy Said (Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest) that would be fab!

We want this linky to inspire you to make the most of every day. Share your week under the given headings and maybe you will inspire others to have #HappyDays.

{ Find me on: BloglovinInstagram and Twitter }

Comments

1. Avatar May 30, 2015 / 5:53 am

Ooh, this is making me crave a bubble bath now… Congrats on the weight loss and glad you have sorted your comments out. Thanks for hosting this – it’s really inspired me to start my gratitude list and glad to have found you through Katy’s blog. x

• Jenna June 2, 2015 / 10:13 am

Oh you must get in on the bubble bath action – it was ace!

I enjoyed reading your gratitude list and look forward to reading more of them in the future.

Thanks for linking up. x

2. Avatar May 30, 2015 / 7:26 am

Glad your back is better honey. That cake sounds like it will be amazing!, perfect combo. Also well done on your weight loss, that is fab xx

• Jenna June 2, 2015 / 10:14 am

The cake was delicious, if a little messy!! ;)

Thank you, Aby. xx

3. Avatar May 30, 2015 / 7:43 am

Sorry to hear you’ve had a frustrating week on the blogging front and glad you’ve got it sorted out now. Sounds like you had a great time at the Whitsun Fayre even if you didn’t manage to get a photo of Jasmine smiling – she still looks adorable as does the alpaca! A huge well done too on the slimming front – great achievements and sounds like you are doing brilliantly. Glad the bath helped make your back better and hope you have a lovely weekend celebrating Stephen’s birthday. Thanks for hosting #happydayslinky

• Jenna June 2, 2015 / 10:34 am

Thanks Louise, I always knew there were going to be hiccups along the way when moving to self-hosted but it’s been more stressful than I anticipated. At least it’s all sorted now though! :)

We had a lovely weekend celebrating Stephen’s birthday – thank you. :) xx

• Jenna June 2, 2015 / 10:36 am

Oh no, not you as well? What happened?! Hope you’ve managed to fix it whatever it was.

The maskshift beach is genius -it’s a really nice attraction that I always look forward to. :) xx

4. Avatar May 30, 2015 / 3:28 pm

Well done on the weight-loss Jenna :) Love Jasmine’s expressions in the fake beach photos!! Hope the cake turned out well and that you’re having a great day celebrating xx

• Jenna June 2, 2015 / 10:38 am

Thank you, Jess – I honestly never thought I’d find away of shifting the post-pregnancy weight but Slimming World seems to be working really well for me.

The cake turned out lovely but unfortunately we’ve both been suffering with a stomach bug so we haven’t really wanted to eat it… or anything for that matter. xx

5. Avatar May 30, 2015 / 7:55 pm

A make shift beach, how cool and well done on the sparklies… I really should… lol :D
    I couldn’t work out why you were in my spam today now I know! I am thinking of going self hosted.. so any advice would be very welcome. Hope your other half has a lovely birthday – the cake sounds amazing. #HappyDaysLinky xx

• Jenna June 2, 2015 / 10:40 am

Thank you – well chuffed with my sparklies. :)

Haha, I’m glad you managed to salvage my comment from spam. I’m not really sure what happened there but at least it’s been fixed now.

As for going self-hosted – just be prepared for tears along the way or if you can afford it, pay somebody to do it for you! ;) It all works out OK eventually though. xx

6. Avatar May 31, 2015 / 7:55 am

well done on the me time and the weight loss, great week. love the look of the makeshift beach! x

• Jenna June 2, 2015 / 10:42 am

Thank you. Caroline – the bubble bath was amazing. :)

The makeshift beach was brilliant, shame they only do it once a year as it’s so much fun and Jasmine adored it. xx

7. Avatar May 31, 2015 / 11:51 am

Glad you back is feeling better that is a nightmare with a toddler, and I love alpacas they are so cute. I would love a couple as pets but not sure Toby would be very accommodating with them, and well done getting to club 10 that is amazing x

• Jenna June 2, 2015 / 10:48 am

It really is, I’ve never known backache like it! I’ll be glad when I don’t have to pick her up so much.

I told Stephen I am going to buy some alpaca – not sure he’s so keen on the idea! ;) Mind you, they look a lot of work with all of that fur. xx

• Jenna June 2, 2015 / 10:50 am

Thank you – I totally wasn’t expecting to be slimmer of the week at all so it was a nice surprise.

The bubble bath was ace too. :) xx

8. Avatar May 31, 2015 / 9:58 pm

Oh it’s such a hassle changing servers!! I had a very difficult experience last week when I moved servers. I hate that side of things because it’s out of my control (and I really don’t get it lol). The makeshift beach is such a great idea! I am totally jealous of that fabulous bubble bath! Thanks so much for hosting #happydayslinky x

• Jenna June 2, 2015 / 10:54 am

Yeah, it’s very frustrating isn’t it. I’m finding the whole self-hosting thing quite overwhelming to be honest as it’s all just so alien to me.

The makeshift beach is wonderful, wish they did it more than just once a year. x

9. Avatar June 1, 2015 / 8:15 am

I hope Jasmine didn’t eat too much sand from that pit. Our little one did last year and the results are way too nasty to describe on any post! :-) Hope that bath has done the trick and well done on the weight loss. #happydayslinky

• Jenna June 3, 2015 / 11:16 am

Yuck! Thankfully she didn’t eat any of the sand! ;)

Thanks very much. xx

10. Avatar June 1, 2015 / 11:48 am

Looks like such a great day, she’s so adorable! Absolutely love that quote. Thanks for hosting. (: x

• Jenna June 3, 2015 / 11:17 am

It was a fab day – thank you. :)

And you’re welcome – thanks for linking up. x

11. Avatar June 1, 2015 / 2:58 pm

Ah that make shift beach looks fab! That bubble bath looks like bliss and I’m glad it eased your back pain. I had a massage at Bluestone’s and the beautician said I was lopsided due to carrying around a 2 stone toddler, ha! A massive well done on your weight loss thats so fab, I bet it really boosted your confidence!
    Have a fab week and thanks for hosting
    Becky xx

• Jenna June 3, 2015 / 11:19 am

Oh a proper massage sounds like bliss.

Haha, carrying a 2 stone toddler will definitely do that to you!! ;)

It really has boosted my confidence and I’m so glad I will feel happy in my skin on my wedding day next week. xx

12. Avatar June 1, 2015 / 4:07 pm

The bath looks amazing!!!! My perfect sort of me time with lots and lots of bubbles. Congratulations on the slimming world awards, that is fab :-) Lovely week and glad to hear your back is feeling better. I suffer with my back sometimes and know how debilitating it can be at times #happydayslinky xx

• Jenna June 3, 2015 / 11:23 am

It really is debilitating isn’t it? It makes everything so much more difficult. My back pain seems to come and go a bit but a nice hot bubble bath always seems to help ease the muscles, even if only for a little while. xx

13. Avatar June 1, 2015 / 9:33 pm

Congratulations on your weightloss Jenna, what a wonderful achievment!

I’m really glad you managed to have some me time, but not glad that you had to throw your back out first! I hope it’s better now.

I hope Stephen had a lovely birthday. :-)

• Jenna June 3, 2015 / 11:26 am

Thanks so much, Vickie. I’m really pleased to have found something that works for me in terms of weightloss. I feel much happier for it.

Stephen had a really lovely birthday and the weather was well behaved for it so we managed to have a family BBQ. xx

14. Avatar June 2, 2015 / 3:36 pm

Well done on the weight-loss! The beach looks like fun, W loves the beach/sandpit – I guess it’s a whole new/different sensory experience for them! #happydayslinky

• Jenna June 3, 2015 / 11:27 am

Yeah, it certainly is a fun sensory experience for them! :)

Thanks so much for linking up with us. x

15. Avatar June 5, 2015 / 8:19 pm

Check out your SW stickers!! Go you!! 10% is amazing, you must be feeling fab! Cannot wait to see you in a few weeks- not long!!!!! xx

• Jenna June 15, 2015 / 7:44 pm

I am feeling a lot more confident now and it was nice to hit the one stone mark before the wedding. :)

Looking forward to Britmums SO much!

xx